Home // About
What Is “Solar Warden”
“According to theories, Solar Warden is an ultra-secret project that maintains a fleet of spacecraft that are operating primarily within Earth’s Orbit and around our solar system. Some say they’re defending us against alien threats.” – Jonathan Marcus
Solar Warden is a third person space shooter with an overarching real time strategy campaign. Developed by a dedicated team across the globe, you will defend planet Earth as both the Commander and the Ace Pilot of the “Solar Warden” project.
It is the year 2020 and mankind’s existence may soon come to an end. Without warning, several cities already decimated by incoming meteors and now hundreds of asteroids that were previously unidentified are headed toward Earth. No one knows where this sudden surge of rogue asteroids came from, but one thing is clear – for mankind to survive, a space defense force is needed. In response to this onslaught, several world nations formed a secret organization called the “Planetary Defense Initiative” (PDI) to defend against alien threats. With the funding of several first world nations, the PDI built a space defense fleet to quickly respond to the orbital bombardment. By deploying super advanced spacecraft, armed with the latest military weapons and technologies, these craft intercept these rogue asteroids anywhere in Earth orbit and quickly neutralize the threat. Classified to the public with clearance levels many times above top secret, this space defense fleet has been identified only with the project name “Solar Warden”
Experience a unique mix of third person space combat and real time strategy
– Engage in tactical space combat with a comprehensive newtonian flight model
– Take command of the “Planetary Defense Initiative” to strategically manage the defense of Earth
Take part in a fully narrated Single Player Campaign
– A fully featured single player story with hours of specialized missions
– Discover the cause of the influx of meteors and find out where these aliens and asteroids are coming from
Your successes and failures will leave a persistent impact on the planet
– Failure to defend the planet against impacts will wipe out any city caught in the blast
– Loss of a city will drastically deteriorate your relationships with patron countries of the Solar Warden project
No Load Screens
– Seamless transitions between strategy and space combat
Earth’s orbit is your Sandbox
– Travel freely around earth’s outer orbit and stage your defense against the incoming threat
Combat the Alien Silicoid
– The vacuum of space allowed unique and strange creatures to dwell and emerge. Be prepared to encounter these lifeforms beneath the rocky surfaces of asteroids and brace yourself for their attack should you disturb their quiet homes.
Bring Earth’s full arsenal to bear
– Prove your piloting skills when defending earth from the cockpit of light and heavy fighters, bombers and even frigates
– The right tool for every purpose: customize your spacecraft’s weaponry using a deadly mix of ballistic cannons, beam lasers, missiles, torpedoes and bombs, neutron cannons, black hole generators and more.
Use the Planetary Defense Interface to stage your campaign
– Take on a wide range of different missions from Capturing Asteroids and Space Mining to the construction of entire space elevators.
– Purchase weapons and technology provided by partnered countries.
Patron countries hold an affinity toward the Solar Warden project
– Be a true leader and even diplomat when dealing with countries that each have their own requirements and expectations towards you and the Solar Warden project. Pleasing one country by providing cutting edge defense technology might not go over well with another!
– Higher affinity from a country will make equipment and technology cheaper to acquire, but the flipside might mean a country withdrawing from the project, cutting their funding or even using their forces to attack you!
The former Developers including the Creative Director of the acclaimed 2009 total conversion mod “MechWarrior: Living Legends” (MWLL) have founded Polar Zenith studios with the plans of building new games titles that follow the same passion and dedication they showed when building MWLL. Now with over 10 years AAA experience under their belt (with titles such as Crysis 2, Ryse: Son of Rome and Star Citizen), they begin their journey of independent game development with the break out title of Solar Warden.
“Now in 2017 it seems like this is the time where you don’t need 300+ people to make a game anymore. More and more I see small teams of 1 to 6 developers making outstanding titles. This has inspired me to do the same and create Polar Zenith, a stand alone Indie Development company that will create fun and exciting game titles for any Core gamer to enjoy!” – Dan Adams, CEO of Polar Zenith.
Currently slated for a Steam PC release and console platforms in the future. Release Date: TBD